Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Third Memory - Et De Cela Rien Ne Ressort


Great band from France. Blasts, delay pedals, and screamin'. What more could you ask for? My only qualm is that their abnormally tight snare, which I'm really OK with, is mixed incredibly loud into every recording. Some of these songs are absolutely incredible, but are brought down by how obnoxiously loud the snare drum is on this album. Don't get me wrong. This is still great stuff. Some of my favorite guitar work in the genre is on here. On their myspace it says that they're currently writing and recording for a 2010 release. I'm excited, and I'll upload the rest of their stuff when I find it. I really want to hear the split they have with Cease Upon The Capitol.

8.5/10.

Hit them up with "third mammary" jokes for me if you ever see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment